Ways You Can Help
Online: Our easy donate button allows you to use your debit or credit card or your PayPal account. You can make a one-time, monthly or end of the year gift in minutes!
If you’d like to give monthly, you can automatically give every month by signing up here:
Mail: You can mail your check or money order to:
4733 Valleydale Road
Birmingham, AL 35242
Ward Williams 205-533-7852, Executive Director Stephanie Grissom 205-317-9897, Program Director
Honorariums & Memorial Giving: You can give a gift in honor of someone you love or someone you want to be remembered. This is great way to give something lasting, which blesses others in need and remembers those who mean so much to you and your family.
11 CREATIVE WAYS TO GIVE
- Change: Bring your pennies, nickels, dimes & quarters to your local CoinStar and donate your change to VFS. It is fun for the kids and it helps other kids in need!
- Facebook: “Like Us” on Facebook and Invite your friends.
- Food Drives: You can host a Food Drive in your church, civic group, neighborhood or workplace. Tap on the link to see helpful organizational tips to help you plan.
- Host an Event: You can host an event and allow the proceeds to benefit the programs of VFS. A concert, dinner, kids activity, art show or athletic event…the more creative the better!
- In-Kind Donations and/or Services: VFS gladly receives food items that are off of our approved list for our BackPack Buddies Program. Please see the list at the BackPack Buddies page under Programs Tab. Some services that can help are office supplies, office equipment, tickets to various events to help our fathers and kids, etc. Other services may be professional in nature. There are many ways to give and help VFS!
- Purchase Services from our Partners: When you do business with our partners, you indirectly help us. When our partners are doing well, then VFS benefits too. We believe in supporting local business and we hope you will consider this a great giving strategy too.
- Support our upcoming Teed Off Against Hunger Golf Tournament in October. For more information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Stocks, Securities, Mutual Funds & IRAs:Donating stocks or shares are another way you can give to VFS. Making a gift of securities is simple to do and has great benefits.
- You can donate appreciated stocks, bonds or mutual funds.
- The total value of the stock upon transfer is tax-deductible.
- There is no obligation to pay any capital gains taxes on the appreciation.
- Office Help: We can always use a little extra help with administrative help or running errands. If you have a few hours you want to donate, we would love your help!
- Packing Parties: Get a group of your friends, family or co-workers and come pack Buddy Bags for VFS. We have the items ready for you and your group packs the bags and places them in the boxes to be delivered. Packing Parties are a wonderful way to get the kids and even the elderly involved. No heavy lifting required and gives everyone a feeling of helping kids in need.
- Workplace Giving:
- Payroll Deduction: You can ask your Human Resources Department to make an automatic deduction on a monthly or annual basis.
- Launch a Giving Campaign: Spearhead a giving campaign within your workplace or Nominate our charity for your seasonal giving campaigns.
- Matching Gifts: Many employers are willing if asked, to match your donation to a charity.
- The Children’s Trust Fund License Plate: You can also purchase a specialty license plate that helps spread the message of child abuse and neglect prevention. 92% of the purchase price of a license plate directly supports community-based prevention programs within Alabama–including the work that Vineyard Family Services provides! In addition, they are tax-deductible. Learn more about purchasing a Children’s Trust Fund license plate.